Tuesday, April 16, 2013

I'm now a Dragon!


Today, it was announced to my Science Department that I will be moving positions from WRHS to Silver Creek High School, formally Silver Creek Alternative School.  This means some subtle changes to the WRHS Chess Club and to the Integrating Chess and Critical Thinking Class.

What's cool is that I will be running the entire 9-12th grade science program at Silver Creek High School (SCHS) and will still be able to include the chess class in the curriculum for both schools.  As another carrot, I will be able to syndicate the class through the Idaho Educational Network and offer it to all Idaho Schools.  Mike Glenn, the Principal, also wants me to pursue dual credit opportunities through College of Southern Idaho.

I am looking forward to this new opportunity to teach a smaller, yet eager group of students found at Silver Creek in a variety of science course offerings through differentiated instruction.  Plus, I will have my classroom in the actual room I was hired to work in nearly 17 years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive