Thursday, October 9, 2014

ICA Candidacy



I formally wish to announce my candidacy to the Idaho Chess Association for the position of Vice President of the ICA.  This past year, I have been very active organizing chess events and collaborating with other board members about tournament protocols.  I have only missed 2 ICA events this past year and plan to attend every ICA event this next year.  At these tournaments, I have offered my knowledge of rules and coaching.  I   enhanced our website by taking pictures and writing news articles and also supported other chess organizations like the Master's Academy, The BCSD Chess Rage, the Boise Chess Club, the Magic Valley Chess Club, and the Idaho Chess Union.  My enthusiasm for scholastic chess has encouraged numerous younger players to also enter the major ICA events.  The ICA Blitz Championship is new to Idaho due to my persuasion and I feel that I offer the ICA ideas that foster professionalism and responsibility.  This next year I plan to spearhead online registration, continue to encourage fiscal responsibility, and to enhance partnerships with local organizations that bring chess to other communities.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive