Here is a nice Biography about Bobby Fischer I showed my 7th period students (with their study guide questions, following). One student was disturbed and sad to see Part 5 and learn that he died in Iceland, alone and isolated.
"Anything to Win"
1. How old was Bobby Fischer when he became US Champion?
2. Who did Bobby Fischer play in order to become the World Champion and in what year?
3. Who was “the game of the century” played against and how old was Bobby Fischer when he played it?
4. Why was Bobby Fischer “wanted” by the US State Department?
5. What country was Bobby Fischer arrested in?
6. What do you think was the cause of Bobby Fischer’s crazy behavior?