2016 Girls Only Tournament
Saturday, April 16th
11:00 am – 5:00 pm
Community Campus, Hailey
- K-12th grade Championship Section, US Chess Rated, 4SS, G/45;d5(RR if nec.)
- Unrated 6-8th grade section, 5SS, G/30;d5
- Unrated K-3 & 4-5th grade section, 5SS, G/30;d5
Meet 2016 Idaho Scholastic Girls Champion - Carmen Pemsler!
- Champ. Sect. 11 am, 12:30 pm, 2 pm, 3:30 pm, Awards follow
- Grade Sect. 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm, Awards follow
- Championship Section 1st - 3rd place overall
- Unr. 6-8th grade section 1st - 3rd place overall
- Unr. 4-5th grade section 1st - 3rd place overall
- Unr. K-3rd grade section 1st - 3rd place overall
- Medals for top half of each section.
Registration: $10.00 per player/ $25.00 per family. Scholarships available. US Chess Membership required for Championship Section only.
Games: Chess sets provided (clocks provided to Championship Section), touch move rule. No Insufficient Losing Chances rule. No Local Rules.
Tie-break Order: G/5 playoff, if time permits. Modified Median, Solkoff, Cumulative, Cumulative of Opposition.
Byes: Maximum 1 half point bye, Rounds 1-5.
Free Side Events:
- Movies in Community Campus Theater (“Searching for Bobby Fischer” & “Knights of the Bronx” & “Brooklyn Castle”).
- “Interrupted” Simuls - play Fred Bartell and Barry Eacker while you wait for next round, go play your round, then return to finish simul game. Medals awarded to each winner.
- Play giant chess.
- Analysis by ICU chess players - Fred Bartell & Barry Eacker.
- Parents - bring work out clothes and visit the BCRD Fitworks located in the Community Campus while your student plays (Free Day Pass).
- Community Campus Cafe will be open (food, snacks, espresso, coffee, etc.)
- Banana/Nutela Crepes.
Door prizes and other perks donated by Idaho merchants!
On-site Registration: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Mr. Adam Porth,
1060 Fox Acres Rd.
Hailey, ID 83333
Phone: (208) 450-9048
TD: Alise Pemsler
Details: BCSD Chess Club, or Mr. Porth, (SCHS, 450-9048), firstname.lastname@example.org, www.adamporth.blogspot.com, or BCSD Chess Rage FB,
**By entering the tournament, permission is given to the organizers to use photos for publicity and news on the world wide web, newspapers, and school literature.